CERVELO S3 ULTEGRA ROAD BIKE 2017
Improving on a bike that was already a firm favourite of the riders on Team Dimension Data last year, the redesigned Cervelo S3 Ultegra Road Bike 2017 is ready for speed whilst maintaining enough comfort to be ridden all day on a grand tour stage.
Cervelo have been the market leader when it comes to aerodynamics for a while now, a fact testified to by their record at the Ironman world championships. This dedication to wind tunnel research and testing has allowed them to produce this bike that cuts through the wind like never before. Airfoil sections help with this, as does the minimalist rear triangle that has been borrowed from the top of the range RCA frameset. These thin stays offer comfort and minimise road buzz.
Completing this phenomenal bike is Shimano’s fantastic Ultegra 6800 groupset with Rotor 3D30 BBright™ crankset. This provides you with silky smooth and reliable eleven-speed shifting, as well as the easy option to upgrade to Q rings should you feel the need to get more out of your pedal stroke for a triathlon, race or just to improve your recreational riding. Should this cease to be good enough, the future-proof design allows for internal electronic, mechanical, or hydraulic shifting and braking lines.
Comfort has not been forfeited for speed and the new frame features greater tyre clearance than ever before, allowing you to fit 25 millimetre wide tyres on to the aerodynamic and reliable Mavic Cosmic Elite S rims, that have also been redesigned for this year.
3T are masters when it comes to components and they have added the Ergonova Pro handlebar and ARX Pro stem to this bike for a lightweight and strong setup. Finishing this stunning bike off is the Fizik Antares saddle. In a matching black colour scheme, this saddle is both comfortable and supportive and mounted to the Cervelo Carbon Aero single position seatpost looks amazing.
- FRAME: Redesigned Cervelo S3 Carbon Fibre (electronic groupset ready)
- FORK: Cervelo All-Carbon, Tapered S3 Fork
- HEADSET: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-3/8″
- STEM: 3T ARX Pro
- HANDLEBAR: 3T Ergonova Pro
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, 6800, 11-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, 6800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra STI, 6800, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra, 6800, 11-25
- CHAIN: Shimano HG700, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Rotor 3D30 BBright™
- CHAINRINGS: 52-36
- PEDALS: N/A
- WHEELS: Mavic Cosmic Elite S
- FRONT TYRE: Mavic Yksion Comp, 120 tpi, 700 x 23 mm
- REAR TYRE: Mavic Yksion Comp, 120 tpi, 700 x 23 mm
- SADDLE: Fizik Antares
- SEATPOST: Cervelo Carbon, Aero, Single-Position